Thursday, October 8, 2026

Quotes and Thoughts

I do love fall!

September is my very favorite. Is it because Gary and I have our birthdays that month? Or maybe the weather getting cooler. Also, I do love the back to school time of year. New school supplies, new books, new classes. This year is the first year in a long time that I'm not going back to school. For the last four years, since I retired after 30 years of full time teaching, I supervised 2-3 student teachers for St. Mary's College, as they completed their student teaching here in the public schools. I'm taking a break this year and hopefully Gary and I will be able to make some short trips. 



I do love curling up with a good book and reading on a rainy day. 

Truthfully, I just love reading. I do read every day. I read my scriptures, I read cookbooks, I read biographies, I read mysteries, I read books for book club, I read fantasy books, I read cozy romances, I read books suggested by friends. I have two series of books that I started reading when my Mom was still alive. She recommended the books to me. When I visited them in the summer the last few years of my Mom's life, we would read books every day. She introduced me to the Hannah Swensen mystery series by Joanne Fluke. Each chapter had a recipe included. Each summer we were reading these books, we would try some of the recipes. Even when my mom lost her sight, she got books on cassette tapes or CDs and she read every day too. 

True! We used to love playing with Silly Putty. 

This is the homemade pizza of my childhood. It was a cheap and tasty quick meal. We had a family tradition of pizza for dinner on Fridays. Sometimes we got carry out pizza for Pizza Hut or Godfather's Pizza, sometimes we had frozen pizzas, and most of the time we made Chef Boy-Ar-Dee pizzas. Mom would add extra mushrooms, peppers, olives, onions, and cheese to the pizzas. 

I thought this was funny. My granddaughter Abby loves all kinds of cheeses. I had to send this to her. 

The world is such an amazing place. We just need to stop and enjoy the wonders around us. 

These statements are true. 
Understanding this things makes life easier. 
You are loved, you are important, you matter. 

It is one of the perks of getting older. Learning to truly appreciate the little things in life and enjoying the world I live in. 

Yes!

It's almost time for the leaves to change and then begin to fall.

As a grandmother, I pray for my children and grandchildren daily. 💓

It is important to be able to share about your day. 
I am fortunate to have someone who listens, cares, and loves me. Not everyone has that. They may feel alone and wonder if anyone cares. We can serve others by listening when they need to share about their day too. 


Each of the "ber" months has its own special things to celebrate.
Reading is important for everyone. 

I have reached the point in my life when I know that I will not ever finish my To Be Read List. But I'm going to keep reading as long as I can. 

0 comments: